Tuesday, November 16, 2010

It's Personalized

The wedding is just around the corner and traditionally Save the Date cards are mailed out about six months prior to the wedding. Logically it should have been something I skipped because of the short timeframe and for budget saving reasons however, as a bride, I wasnt thinking logically.

I finally got them completed last week! I have always had a passion for great fonts and calligraphy. I truly enjoyed seeing my friends and family's names in the beautiful script font I picked out specifically for our wedding stationary. (There is a humorous story on this particular font but that will be another post!) Although they were simple, I loved them so much and it was hard to put them in the mail!

I enlisted Clayton to help me stuff the envelopes and in return each Save the Date has a "personal" touch. I gave Clayton the stack of Save the Date cards and the matching envelopes. I had two cards, an Accommodation card with a list of hotels and the Save the Date with the our wedding information.

I explained to him that the larger card went on the bottom with the smaller card on top. I showed him how to put them in the envelope facing up so that when guests receive them, the writing is facing up and they can easily pull out the cards and read them.

Clayton reluctantly agreed to assist me but he took the cards and began putting them in the envelopes. As he handed me a completed stack so that I could seal them, I noticed that they were all the wrong direction. I showed him again the correct way to insert the cards. As I watched him place each card in the envelope, he was still doing it wrong. I tried to correct him but he quickly showed me the problem and and gave me his excuse for continuing to do it his way. Clayton is left handed.

When I realized the problem, we both had a good laugh as he insisted that now they all have a personal touch even though they are all facing the wrong direction! So for those of you who respect etiquette, please excuse our improperly stuffed Save the Date cards, for everyone else, we hope you can appreciate the "personalization".






A special thank you to Barb at The Station House for helping me print these last minute. I originally had planned to do something else but I was running out of time and had to compromise on a more cost efficient option!

No comments:

Post a Comment