Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It's Game Time

Last night I decided I was going to sit down and decide on my ceremony music. I am having one of the best string quartets playing at the wedding and I am so grateful they are available! The only CD player I had access to was the one in the kitchen - Clayton was playing video games in the living room and refused to listen to 'Canon n D' while on his 'black opps mission.'

I pulled a chair from the dining room table and placed it in the middle of kitchen. I put in my CD and had the list of songs on a piece of paper so I could mark down my favorites. The first song is "Canon n D". My first thought is how beautiful this song is. It is one of my favorites and I am considering walking down the aisle to it. The second thought is the feeling I get every Saturday when this song begins. Traditionally this song is played for the bridal party entrance so when it starts its kinda of like my "game day" song. I am a sports fan so I relate it to "the" song that every team has that is "their" song right before they run out on the field or court. I love the feeling when I start sending the bridal party down the aisle. It is like the day is finally coming together and is starting. "It's game time!"

The next song is the "Bridal Chorus". This invokes the image from the movie the 'Wedding Planner' right before the bride walks down the aisle and every Saturday that I get the privilege to lead a bride down her aisle. Although I love the moment when I start the bridal party down, my favorite moment is when the Bridal Chorus begins to play and I bring the bride to the doors. It is a beautiful, quite and peaceful moment. The doors open and the bride and her father take their first step down the aisle. I lift the back of her gown and watch as the air catches it ever so lightly until it falls perfectly in place and glides down the aisle behind her. Followed by a deep breath, the hard part is done and the ceremony, the reason we are here, has begun.

I am sitting in my chair in the kitchen looking quite awkward and I catch a glance of Clayton staring at me, humorously smiling at my contentness as I listen and sway to the music remembering so many memories as each song plays and envisioning my own walk down the aisle.    

I may have to find a song that I don't have previous feelings toward but I also love the idea of having songs that are so familiar and with fond memories from many brides that have walked before me. I will keep you posted on what I decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment