Thursday, December 16, 2010

The Wedding Cake

I have been so busy I have not got to blog hardly anything that has been happening!  I promise to start adding some details off all the planning over the next few weeks!

I first want to share a sneak peak of our wedding cake! Wedding cake design as become an art form. The wedding cake is a focal point of the wedding and often sets the style for the entire event. With so many options and having seen such a variety of cakes, this has been one of my biggest challenges!
As a wedding planner, I consider myself a 'wedding cake snob'. Yes, I said it! I am a cake snob!

It is my job and responsibility to taste the cake at every wedding. Most of the time that entails, tasting the Bride's cake and the Groom's cake! I mean, we have to know if it tastes good right?! I know it is a hard job, but someone has to do it!

Because of all the cake tasting, I am pretty picky when it comes to cake. Luckily, I work with the best and already knew at least one of the flavors for our wedding cake. It is called "Princess" cake and is hands down my favorite cake.

For the past few years, I have always preferred the "Princess" cake with Delicious Cake's signature cream cheese and butter cream icing mixed. My mouth starts watering just typing the words! This delicious duo is not too sweet and just sweet enough to make the perfect icing. I didn't think it could get any better than this until last year one my brides wanted to add a lemon flavor to her cake. Delicious Cakes added a touch of lemon mouse to the already perfected "Princess" cake and ooh la la! My new favorite cake! I can't wait to enjoy our yummy cake on the wedding day! Until then, its protein and greens!

Butch and Ruthie Stivers, owners of Delicious Cakes, have been wonderful friends and business colleagues for many years. I would say almost 90% of our brides choose them because they are truly the best! Butch is extremely talented. He brought me a few ideas and I loved them! The cake he put together is exactly what I had envisioned, except it is even better! I am truly honored that Butch has named the cake in honor of me. After the wedding, our gorgeous cake will be featured at the Dallas Bridal Show, with the name "Chelsey" for other brides to admire or use as their own wedding cake! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cake tasting! As you can see we ate most of the Cake!

Butch working hard to design our beautiful cake!

2 comments:

  1. hehe hard work eh.. cake tasting is definitely very hard ;)

    Cant wait to see pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite parts of the job!

    ReplyDelete