Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Registry

I was browsing The Knot and came across an article that asked 'What is your Registry Style?" Asking this question before Clayton and I registered would probably have been more productive but I was intrigued by the article and wanted to explore.

I would say my "registry style" is classic and traditional. I like things to be simple, clean and elegant. I have always thought that white dishes are to your kitchen what the little black dress is to your closet. You can use them everyday and for all entertaining purposes. Add a splash of color with a napkin, linen or salad plate and presto! an entirely new tablescape! Clayton and I love our essential white place settings from Crate and Barrel and cant wait to use them!

Polyvore is a super cool website that allows you to make your own collages. Here is a look at our wedding registry collage:
Registry Collage



Planning a wedding is a challenge, but the registry, well that is what I call fun! I think registering is probably the only reason that I would ever plan a second wedding! Registry is like a drug. It is slightly addictive. Crate and Barrel seduced me on their website and forced me to spend hours in front of my computer finding the perfect serving dish and learning how to have the most exquisite holiday mantle. Crate and Barrel is a genius.

Clayton and I enjoyed our day of registering at Crate and Barrell and Bed Bath and Beyond. We chose items we knew we would use and love in starting our new home together. It was a great day of picturing our life as a married couple!

I must admit I did get a little too excited during the registry process and had to be reigned in. I was overwhelmed by all the items to entertain with and the angels were singing! When I began registering for items that we would need for our child's 5th birthday party, Clayton took away the scan gun! Here are a few photos from our day of registry!





2 comments:

  1. Crate and Barrell rocks... especially their kitchen stuff! I totally understand their seduction ... I have stayed up really really late looking at items online, only to remove them the next day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I know what you mean! I did the same thing! Many items had to be deleted after realizing they were probably not necessary for the registry!

    ReplyDelete